At KC Coring & Cutting, we are dedicated in providing concrete drilling, concrete sawing, and concrete grinding in Lenexa. We work with a qualified team of skilled, well-experienced experts, who possess the required tools and equipment to grind and polish concrete to your specifications. We execute every project to the best of our abilities. No matter your concrete grinding or polishing needs, weâve got you covered.
Why Is Concrete Grinding Important?
Concrete grinding is an important process aimed at eliminating concrete irregularities and making surfaces smooth. Here are some major reasons why concrete grinding is so important:
- It removes all irregularities.
- It removes paint, epoxies, dirt and other remnants to make the surface smooth and clean.
- It prepares the concrete surface for other flooring options like tiling or carpeting.
- It helps to improve the longevity of the concrete surface.
- It helps create concrete surfaces that are easy to maintain.
- It restores concrete surfaces to their best form.
- It creates floors that enhances the image of a businesses, such as warehouses, restaurants and showrooms.
Can All Concrete Be Polished?
All concrete that has the required structural integrity or hardness can be polished. The quality of the concrete slab is a major factor when it comes to concrete grinding and polishing. New and old concrete, as long as they are hard enough, can be successfully polished. Polishing new concrete can be easier once it has cured for about 28 days. For old concrete, some form of surface preparation may be necessary to prepare it for polishing. Overall, it is possible to polish the majority of concrete, but you need to hire the right professionals to perform the work.
What Is Diamond Grinding?
Diamond grinding is a general term used to describe the process of correcting a variety of surface imperfections on both concrete and asphalt pavements or floors. Diamond grinding on concrete pavements and floors removes surface irregularities and improves smoothness. Its important effects extend to improvement in surface macro texture, which results to enhanced skid resistance, noise reduction, and improved safety for individuals that use the area polished.
How Do You Diamond Grind A Concrete Floor?
If you are planning to grind a concrete floor, it is important that you follow the right approach to get the job done properly. Here are some tips that will help:
- Take diamond selection seriously and pick the right diamond for the job
- Never rush things when trying to grind a concrete floor
- Use the right power for the grinder(s)
- Plan out the position of your vacuum and cords before you start grinding
- Use a grinder that has edging capabilities or get ready to use a hand grinder for edging.
Contact Us Today!
For more information about our services, contact us today at KC Coring & Cutting. We provide quality workmanship, competitive prices, and excellent concrete grinding in Lenexa. We execute every project to the best of our abilities while ensuring that professional results are achieved, while providing you outstanding services.